Sewing that's Retro, Geek, and Chic
Tag Archives: feedback
February 2, 2013Posted by on
Back in November of 2011, I received an email from sewing author & blogger Christelle Beneytout asking for permission to feature my sewing room in a book about sewing spaces and organization. I was beyond thrilled that anyone would think my sewing space & ideas were worthy of publication!
After many emails back & forth, I was able to get some decent high resolution photos of my sewing room to her (she even wanted one of me, hence the post title), and I eagerly awaited the news that her book was finished.
Well, yesterday, I opened the front door to find that a package had been delivered containing her book… and she sent me an extra copy!
Therefore, I’ve decided to share – by hosting my first giveaway!
Fair warning about this giveaway: the book isn’t in English (and I’m not sure if there are plans for a published translation), so you won’t actually be able to read it unless you can read French. But there are plenty of wonderful photos, and you can always use Google Translate for the parts you really want to understand (that’s how I’ve been “reading” it).
The giveaway is open to all locations.
To enter, just leave a comment on this post following these simple rules:
- Let me know that you want to enter.
- Tell me how you discovered my blog and what you like best about it. (You can make requests about what you’d like to see/read about in future posts – any feedback is welcome!)
- Share your own sewing/crafting organization tip (no one can ever be too organized!).
- Please only enter for yourself – not for your friend or family member who has never read my blog. (I really want to share this with one of my readers!)
- Deadline for entry is 11:59pm on Friday, February 8, 2013 United States Central Time (GMT –6). Winner was announced in this post on Saturday the 9th.
Even if you don’t want to enter to win the book, you can still leave a comment! =)
Thank you, Christelle, for saying such nice things about me and my sewing space! I’m honored you included my ideas in your lovely book!
April 1, 2012Posted by on
No joke, it’s April Fool’s Day and I need your “humerus” – measurement that is.
I’m working on my mock-up of the vintage wrap pattern I wrote about Friday, and I need some feedback from my female readers to make sure I make the most universal adjustment to the pattern.
I would like to take a casual poll to gather data on upper arm length (since arms are never included in general sewing measurement charts).
So grab a ruler and help me out! =)
Measure your upper arm from the shoulder joint to your inner elbow where your arm bends, like in this photo:
Then leave me a comment on this post or on Custom Style’s Facebook page with your measurement.
Thanks! I greatly appreciate your help!